What times can you buy beer in Thailand?
“Go” With Beer!
The overall rule is that alcoholic beverages can only be sold during the hours of 11:00 – 14:00 & 17:00 – 00:00 (midnight) every day at stores and supermarkets. These times were introduced by the Prime Minister’s Office in 2015 and apply countrywide.
What times can I buy alcohol in Thailand?
More about Alcohol in Thailand
- You can only buy alcohol between 11 am to 2 pm and 5 pm to midnight.
- Alcohol is heavily taxed in Thailand. Buy as much as you can from the duty-free.
- Alcohol delivery is now BANNED in Thailand.
Can I buy beer today in Thailand?
Regular Times You Cannot Buy Alcohol in Thailand
You cannot buy alcohol in Thailand between the hours of 2pm and 5pm on any day of the week.
Can I buy alcohol in Bangkok today?
It is important to note that it is illegal to buy alcohol in shops and supermarkets in Bangkok from 2pm until 5pm. Also, the shops will not sell alcohol from midnight until 11am. … There are some days of the year during which alcohol is banned completely.
Is alcohol cheaper in Thailand?
To buy alcoholic beverages it is most advantageous in large chain supermarkets like Big-C, Tesco Lotus, Makro, Tops. In smaller shops the prices are higher, but not much. Already significantly more expensive alcohol is the hawkers on the beaches, but the range they mostly just cold beer.
Can you chew gum in Thailand?
3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement. I wouldn’t really class this one as silly – unusual, perhaps, but not an out-and-out silly one of the laws in Thailand. Plus, it’s one that’s definitely worth bearing in mind because there’s a pretty hefty fine if you get caught (nearly £400).
Can you walk around with alcohol in Thailand?
It is not socially acceptable in Thailand to walk down the street drinking (especially Bangkok) but on Islands and tourist hubs it has more acceptance. … I have seen many foreigners on Khaosan rd drinking on the street and it is much more normal there than anywhere else.
What days can you not drink in Thailand?
Thailand Holidays in 2021 – No Alcohol Days in 2021
- 1st January 2021. Friday. New Years Day. …
- 26th February 2021. Friday. Makha Bucha Day. …
- 6th April 2021. Tuesday. Chakri Day. …
- 13-15th April 2021. Tue-Thurs. …
- 1st May 2021. Saturday. …
- 26th May 2021. Wednesday. …
- 3rd June 2021. Thursday. …
- 26th July 2021. Monday.
Is alcohol legal in Thailand?
The legal drinking age and alcohol laws in Thailand
Drinking alcohol is illegal in the following locations in Thailand: Temples or places of worship. Pharmacies. Public offices.
Can you drink alcohol in public in Bangkok?
Drinking area – Thailand is a highly religious country that is intolerant of profane activities. Drinking alcohol is illegal in places including temples, worship sites, pharmacies, gas stations, public offices, public parks and schools.
Can you drink alcohol in Bangkok?
With the recent designation as a red-zone area, restaurants and bars in Bangkok are now prohibited to serve alcoholic drinks to prevent the spreading.
Are Bangkok restaurants serving alcohol?
It’s confirmed: restaurants and bars can still serve alcohol but only until 23:00—for now. … As a result, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) imposed an alcohol ban in restaurants and bars across the city to prevent the further spread.