Is Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh bigger?
Both Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi can feel overwhelmingly busy, but the former definitely has the upper hand; it’s the largest city in the country and a thriving hub of commerce. On top of that, it has a population of 8.4 million and an estimated 7.4 million motorbikes.
Is Hanoi the largest city in Vietnam?
The Biggest Cities In Vietnam
|Rank||Biggest Cities in Vietnam||Population|
|1||Ho Chi Minh City||8,244,400|
Is Ho Chi Minh the biggest city in Vietnam?
This statistic shows the biggest cities in Vietnam in 2019. In 2019, approximately nine million people lived in Thành Phố Hồ Chí Minh (Ho Chi Minh City), making it the biggest city in Vietnam.
Are Saigon and Hanoi the same?
Southern Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), formerly Saigon, was the US base during the Vietnam War and since the country’s unification has transformed into a thoroughly modern, thriving metropolis. The somewhat less modern capital, Hanoi, runs at a noisier pace, with its lively Old Quarter full of winding lanes.
When should I avoid Vietnam?
Oct-Dec are warm, sunny months in the north; from March it is unbearably hot. May, June and September are the best times to visit Vietnam to avoid the crowds.
Which city has best nightlife in Vietnam?
Here is the list of 7 Best Places for Nightlife in Vietnam for the Night Owls
- Hoi An – A Happening Ancient City. …
- Hanoi – The Big City Nightlife Experience. …
- Ho Chi Minh City – A Tourist Classic. …
- Phan Thiet – Beach Parties and More. …
- Nha Trang – Coastal Town For the Party Animals.
What is the most popular state in Vietnam?
Here’s our list of some of Vietnam’s top must-see destinations:
- Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh City sits on the banks of the Saigon River, almost 1800km from the Northern capital of Hanoi. …
- Hoi Ann. If you’re a fashionista, Hoi Ann is the place for you. …
- Hue. …
- Ha Long Bay. …