Can you move to Thailand with a dog?
1) Pets must be at least 4 months old to be able to import into Thailand. 2) Pit bull Terrier or American Staffordshire Terrier are prohibited for importation into Thailand. 3) As long as pets don’t show any sign of illness, they would not be quarantined.
How do I import my dog to Thailand?
Anyone wishing to bring animals to Thailand must apply and obtain an import permit from the Ministry of Livestock Development (DLD). The importer must personally submit an application (form 1/1) to import animals into the country to an official AQS veterinarian at least 15 days before importation.
Do people in Thailand like dogs?
Thai people love their pets. Many Thais even dress and pamper their dogs as if they are children. Most developing and developed countries will have dog catchers to go around collecting street dogs and putting them in cages and even euthanize them putting them to sleep.
Which dogs are banned in Thailand?
Banned breeds in Thailand are:
- American Staffordshire Terrier.
- Pit Bull breeds that include American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bully, American Bulldog and Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
Where is the best place to live in Thailand?
The best places to live in Bangkok
- Chiang Mai. If you ask expats where is the best place to live in Thailand, you will probably hear ‘Chiang Mai’ as the most common answer. …
- Chiang Rai. Chiang Rai is another popular place among expats. …
- Krabi Town and Krabi Province. …
- Phuket. …
- Koh Samui. …
- Hua Hin.
Why are there so many stray dogs in Thailand?
There is estimated to be roughly 850,000 stray dogs in Thailand. The reason there are so many stray dogs in Thailand is simple: Pet owners do not spay and neuter their animals. It is not uncommon for owners to become bored of the animal and to abandon their dogs into the street.
Does Thailand quarantine pets?
Pet dogs and cats will not be quarantined as long as they arrive with a current import permit and all regulations to enter Thailand are met. … Pets transiting Thailand as air cargo will need a transit permit which must be applied for via an import permit application.
Do people have dogs in Thailand?
After long observing Chiang Mai’s Old City streets, as well as traveling to over a dozen other cities throughout Thailand, one thing is unavoidable: street dogs and cats. They are everywhere, roaming neighborhoods, lounging outside of temples, and skittering through alleys and across dirt roads.