What is so special about Bangkok?
Thailand’s capital city attracts hundreds of thousands of people from all over the globe every year. It offers tourists a unique set of characteristics – it is the largest and most developed city in Thailand but manages to maintain its historical architecture and traditions dating back hundreds of years.
Why is Bangkok famous?
The city is known for its street life and cultural landmarks, as well as its red-light districts. The Grand Palace and Buddhist temples including Wat Arun and Wat Pho stand in contrast with other tourist attractions such as the nightlife scenes of Khaosan Road and Patpong.
Why is Bangkok so popular for tourists?
Bangkok has attracted millions of visitors annually for decades, offering tourists an incredible experience of cultural tradition-meets-modernity. It’s got world-class food, stunning historical landmarks, and some of the best hospitality around the globe.
Why does everyone want to go to Bangkok?
The city of Bangkok has so much to offer along the lines of history, culture, traditions and architectural beauty. … Many people love visiting Bangkok because it can be relaxing even if you are continuously exploring the city and the sites. And of course, kids love Bangkok too!
What is famous food in Bangkok?
Local Foods You Must Try When Visiting Bangkok
- Tom yum goong (spicy shrimp soup)
- Som tum (spicy green papaya salad)
- Tom kha kai (chicken in coconut soup)
- Gaeng daeng (red curry)
- Pad Thai (Thai-style fried noodles)
- Khao pad (fried rice)
- Pad krapow moo (stir-fried basil and pork)
- Gaeng keow wan kai (green chicken curry)
What should I avoid in Bangkok?
10 Things NOT to Do in Bangkok
- Don’t… get a taxi that’s already parked.
- Don’t… forget to stand up during the King’s Anthem.
- Don’t… sit next to a monk (if you’re female)
- Don’t… buy rounds in a nightclub, buy a bottle!
- Don’t… carry your passport around.
- Don’t… wear shorts or a skirt to the temple.
- Don’t… …
- Don’t …
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road. …
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives. …
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver. …
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse. …
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
Why is Thailand so cheap?
Thailand is very cheap because the day-to-day expenses tend to be lower than in other countries. For example, booking a hotel room, going to a restaurant, or taking a taxi is cheaper. To be precise, it costs $70 dollars per day to live a tourist life in Thailand.