Do I need a visa to go to Thailand?
U.S. citizen tourists entering Thailand for fewer than 30 days do not require a visa. We strongly recommend that your passport be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your arrival in Thailand to avoid possible denied entry. Thai immigration officials or airline staff may ask for your onward/return ticket.
Is tourist visa free for Thailand?
The VISA EXEMPTION RULE allows tourists from 64 countries1 to enter Thailand without a visa. They are granted to stay a maximum of 30 days if they are entering Thailand via an international airport or entering through a land border checkpoint from neighboring countries.
What countries need a visa to enter Thailand?
If you have an ordinary passport issued by one of the following countries, you can travel to Thailand without a visa for up to 30 days: Andorra.
Do You Need a Visa to Go to Thailand?
- South Korea.
How do I get a tourist visa for Thailand?
- Passport or travel document with a validity not less than 6 months.
- Visa application form (filled out)
- One(1) recent 4x6cm. …
- Round-trip air ticket or e-ticket (paid in full)
- Proof of financial means (20,000 baht per person/40,000 baht per family)
- Proof of Hotel or private accommodation.
Can I stay in Thailand for 1 year?
3. One Year Multiple Entry Non-immigrant Visa. The 1-Year Non-Immigrant Thai visa issued to foreigners who wish to obtain a long term visa to stay in Thailand. … This type of visa is valid for use within one year from the date of issue and can be extended to 3 months on or before the visa expiration date.
Can I live in Thailand permanently?
Obtaining status as a Permanent Resident (PR) in Thailand has many advantages. It allows you to live permanently in Thailand, with no requirement to apply for an extension of stay. … You will also be able to apply for an extension of stay and Permanent Resident status for your non-Thai family members.
Can I get a 6 month visa for Thailand?
Americans and travelers from all over the world can now obtain a six month multiple-entry Thailand tourist visa. These new multiple entry visas will replace the countries current double and triple entry visas. … Single entry visas currently cost $40 USD, and the six month, multiple entry visas cost $200 USD.
How much is a one year visa to Thailand?
The visa fee is 2,000 Baht for single-entry with three-month validity and 5,000 Baht for multiple entries with one-year validity.
How do I get a 1 year visa for Thailand?
To qualify for this visa, you must have stayed in Thailand for 3 consecutive with the one-year-visa extensions. If you are married to a Thai for 5 years, you must be earning 30,000 Baht/month. If you are single, at least your monthly income should be 80,000 Baht.