What are the top exporting goods of the Philippines?
- Electrical machinery, equipment: US$31.7 billion (49.7% of total exports)
- Machinery including computers: $9.5 billion (14.9%)
- Fruits, nuts: $2.3 billion (3.6%)
- Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $1.8 billion (2.8%)
- Ores, slag, ash: $1.7 billion (2.7%)
- Copper: $1.7 billion (2.7%)
What is the main export of Philippines?
Primary exports include semiconductors and electronic products, transport equipment, garments, copper products, petroleum products, coconut oil, and fruits. Major trading partners include Japan, China, the United States, Singapore, South Korea, the Netherlands, Hong Kong, Germany, Taiwan, and Thailand.
What is the main product of the Philippines?
The Philippines’ major agricultural products include rice, coconuts, corn, sugarcane, bananas, pineapples, and mangoes.
What is the biggest export country for the Philippines?
Philippines top 5 Export and Import partners
|Exporter||Trade (US$ Mil)||Partner share(%)|
What are the top 10 imports of the Philippines?
- Electrical machinery, equipment: US$27 billion (23.9% of total imports)
- Mineral fuels including oil: $13.6 billion (12%)
- Machinery including computers: $12.5 billion (11.1%)
- Vehicles: $8.5 billion (7.5%)
- Iron, steel: $3.9 billion (3.5%)
- Plastics, plastic articles: $3.7 billion (3.3%)
- Cereals: $2.9 billion (2.6%)
Is Philippines richer than India?
Philippines has a GDP per capita of $8,400 as of 2017, while in India, the GDP per capita is $7,200 as of 2017.
Why Philippines is still a poor country?
Other causes of poverty in the Philippines include low job creation, low economic growth and high levels of population growth. … The high rates of natural disasters and large numbers of people living in rural areas contribute to this hunger problem and make food inaccessible for many in the Philippines.
Is Philippines a third world country?
The Philippines is historically a Third World country and currently a developing country. The GDP per capita is low, and the infant mortality rate is high. Many of its citizens lack access to health care and higher education as well.
Why are farmers in the Philippines poor?
The reasons are three-fold: the lack of accountability among farmer cooperative leaders; cooperatives and farmers’ associations are formed mainly to access government dole-outs; and the government agency (e.g., CDA), which has oversight responsibility on cooperatives, is oriented towards regulations of cooperatives …
What is the most important crop in the Philippines?
The leading crops are rice, maize, sugarcane, coconut, banana, mango, pineapple, cassava, coffee, sweetpotato and eggplant. In terms of harvest area, the most extensively grown crops are rice, coconut, maize, sugarcane, banana, cassava, coffee, mango, sweetpotato and Manila hemp.