What are the leading cause of death in the Philippines?
The leading causes of death are diseases of the heart, diseases of the vascular system, pneumonias, malignant neoplasms/cancers, all forms of tuberculosis, accidents, COPD and allied conditions, diabetes mellitus, nephritis/nephritic syndrome and other diseases of respiratory system.
What are the top 4 causes of death?
Leading Causes of Death
- Heart disease: 659,041.
- Cancer: 599,601.
- Accidents (unintentional injuries): 173,040.
- Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 156,979.
- Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 150,005.
- Alzheimer’s disease: 121,499.
- Diabetes: 87,647.
- Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 51,565.
What is the biggest health problem in Philippines?
Many Filipinos face diseases such as Tuberculosis, Dengue, Malaria and HIV/AIDS. These diseases pair with protein-energy malnutrition and micronutrient deficiencies that are becoming increasingly common. The population is affected by a high prevalence of obesity along with heart disease.
What kills the most humans every year?
|Source: CNET||Source: Business Insider|
|Animal||Humans killed per year|
|2||Humans (homicides only)||437,000|
Who killed the most humans in history?
Serial killers with the highest known victim count. The most prolific modern serial killer is arguably Dr. Harold Shipman, with 218 probable murders and possibly as many as 250 (see “Medical professionals”, below).
What are the top 5 preventable deaths?
The estimated average number of potentially preventable deaths for the five leading causes of death in persons aged <80 years were 91,757 for diseases of the heart, 84,443 for cancer, 28,831 for chronic lower respiratory diseases, 16,973 for cerebrovascular diseases (stroke), and 36,836 for unintentional injuries ( …
What are the top 10 diseases in the Philippines?
- Acute Lower Respiratory Tract Infection and Pneumonia** 677,563. 875.8. 776,562. …
- Bronchitis/Bronchiolitis. 669,246. 866.4. 719,982. …
- Acute watery diarrhea. 792,479. 1027.0. 577,518. …
- Influenza. 486,481. 629.6. 379,910. …
- Hypertension. 287,368. 370.5. …
- TB Respiratory. 117,712. 152.6. …
- Chicken Pox. 77,020. 38.9. …
- Diseases of the Heart. 49,160. 63.8.
How many died of tuberculosis in the Philippines in 2019?
In 2019, the Philippines had the highest TB incidence in Asia with 554 cases per 100,000 people, according to a World Health Organization (WHO) report. Approximately, 74 Filipinos die of TB every day and is among the top 10 causes of death in the country.
What are the top 5 killer diseases?
What are the leading causes of death in the US?
- Heart disease.
- Unintentional injuries.
- Chronic lower respiratory disease.
- Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Influenza and pneumonia.